Mongolian Lamb Stool DIY ||Inspired by Preciously Me

December 17, 2012



Happy Monday cuties!  So excited about this DIY.  You know me and my easy DIYs...they are pretty much spray paint, decoupage, spray paint some more, use painter's tape, gold leafing pen....and TA-DA!!! a beautiful result.  Well, except for the Ikea hack dresser here.  That was a bit more hardcore.  But not even that one had me cutting wood or needing some power tools so this is the reason why I'm so proud of this DIY- it was my inititation to more difficult DIYs.....but I came out on the other side- happy and triumphant.

I have to acknowledge my sweet and dear friend Nadia, from Preciously Me, who was the one who came up with this Ikea Hack.  Her stool, styling, and post (see here) were so beautiful that I was inspired to try it myself.  People read blogs for different reasons and what keeps me coming back to a certain blog is because I have found a source of inspiration in them.  Inspiration to get out there and create a beautiful piece of furniture, to style an area differently, to create an accessory for my home or myself, to decorate a more beautiful table for a dinner party, to cook more special meals, to read more, to update my wardrobe....basically, I love blogs that inspire me to want to make my world and my friends' and family's world more beautiful and meaningful. Enter Nadia and her sweet blog which curates amazingly decorated homes.  When I saw her stool I was mesmerized and had to try it .....et voila!




My home is now two  Mongolian wool stools cozier and richer.  I can't tell you how thrilled I am with this DIY. I hope you get inspired as well!  See directions here.

Some of you were asking about the best way to do gold dipped legs.  I just measured 2 inches from the bottom and used blue painter's tape to cover the rest of the leg (so I just left exposed what I wanted painted gold).  First I primed the area with spray primer and then I did two coats of gold spray paint.  C'est tout!
[all images by yours truly]

You Might Also Like

43 comments

  1. Ok missy. These look absolutely fabulous. I am blown away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, what did you do on the legs? Just paint the bottom gold? Or was it already that way? Do tell!

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! They look really great :)

    Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little furry things! Still waiting for your address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo hace tiempo tengo ganas de hacerme uno así. No he encontrado ese tipo de piel por acá . Pero ya lo haré
    Gracias por compartir esa idea si que la copiare.
    Cariños y como lo pasaste el fin de semana???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this incredible! Amazing Albertina! I need a stool jut like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok this is too fabulous! You did an amazing job!!! Do share with us how you did the gold dipped legs, pretty please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a note at the end of the post with directions.....easy peasy sweet friend.

      Delete
  7. I love these!!! And I love the black rug too!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww thes are super cute! i would love something fun and fluffy like this in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! I'm so proud of you!!!! I'm very impressed. I'm the same way about DIY's, but maybe I could even do these!! And your rug btw is incredible!! I am in love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous DIY!! And I love her pink version, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've become a DIY beast mami. Love em. So whimsical. Fun. Tres bien indeed. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stools, but insane over the pink on the windows! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. O WOW! These look rediculously good. The gold was a genious idea. You have inspired me to give it a go as well! one of these would look great beside my fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay I have already bought the materials to try this! Will definitely credit you and Preciously Me for the idea! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty Albertina! The lamb's wool looks so fluffy and delicate. Like the contrast in textures in this vignette. I up-cycled a 1970's brass legged stool with a little sheepskin recently and it always makes me smile when I see it. It's the little things we have a hand in making sometimes that mean the most, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bravo Albertina!!! Vraiment magnifique!
    Your stools are so beautiful and this gold accent is just perfect ♥
    So congratulations for this DIY, I knew you could do it :)
    And thank you so much for all your lovely words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful!!! They look so great with the console you paired them with!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look gorgeous!...as does the whole area you have them styled in!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are AWESOME and the interior design is fabulous!! Thanks for sharing!
    Whitley
    wwww.thequeencitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely adorable weekend outfit!!!
    Whitley
    www.thequeencitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. well you are quite the genius!!! love love.
    xo,
    B
    http://www.brightontheday.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are adorable - just love the legs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with LiveLaughDecorate.. You are the DIY beast! Those are so fun, I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these!! I'm going to have to make my own-absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are fabulous! You have set off a chain reaction I am inspired to try my hand at this, thanks and happy new year! Amal

    ReplyDelete
  26. super cute! I wish I could fit a little one of these in my bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  27. FANTASTIC! Love these.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome. com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm back to say I am in love with your rug.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is fabulous! I just bought some Mongolian lamb pillows for my couch- I am obsessed with petting the fur! I also love your pink drapes, very chic ;)

    Nicole
    www.eleganceandclutter.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. where did you find the stools you used - the legs are different than the Ikea stool and the mongolian "fabric"? Yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The Stools are actually from Ikea (this one: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10135659/). I jsut painted the bottom gold with spray paint. And the Mongolian fabric are just Mongolian Lamb wool pillows that you can find at West Elm or other home interior stores. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your rug is incredible! Where did you find it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! It's from a local store in Dallas but I don't remember the name. If I can dig up the receipt I will let you know.

      Delete
  33. Love the rug! Would love to know where it's from!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello, where did you purchase the fur cover from?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sorry for the delay in replying! I missed your comment. I got them at a local fabric company called Childress (https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-childress-fabrics-and-furniture-dallas)

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe